- This event has passed.
HOW AI, ML AND DIGITAL GAMES CAN CHANGE STUDENT LEARNING SUCCESS.
April 30, 2021 @ 16:00 - 17:00Free
DEL4ALL Thematic Workshop “How AI, ML and digital games can change student learning success.”
The workshop will focus on the role Artificial Intelligence (AI) plays in everyday life, and the changes underway for educators and learners: on the way learning with AI is underway while we are still learning about and preparing for AI. The workshop will also address the impact of Machine learning (ML) on education systems, and research and how digital games may improve the learning experience by improving adaptation, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
16:00 – 16:05
Dr Giovanni Rimassa, Project Coordinator & CEO Martel Innovate
16:05 – 16:15
Introduction of Panelist speakers / Elevator speech
- Dr Vanessa Camilleri, Lecturer at the Faculty of Information & Communication Technology, University of Malta
- Prof Alexiei Dingli, Professor at the Faculty of Information & Communication Technology, University of Malta
- Dr. Gege Gatt, CEO at EBO.ai.
- Dr Martin Hlosta, Research Fellow, Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, The Open University
- Gašper Hrastelj, Secretary General of the Slovenian National Commission for UNESCO
- Prof Georgios Yannakakis, Professor, Director at the Institute of Digital Games, University of Malta
- Dr Iro Voulgari, Research Support Officer at the Institute of Digital Games, University of Malta
16:15 – 16:55
16:55 – 17:00
Conclusion & Outlook
Dr Alex Grech, Director, The 3CL Foundation
Moderator: Dr Alex Grech