Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina
s/n, 08004 Barcelona
Speak NGI Final workshop at 4YFN, Barcelona, Spain
25 February 2019, 12:00 – 12:45
Investments in NGI are creating an environment where Europe can shape the next generation internet and stay at the forefront of game changing developments. These investments will give opportunities for new entrants to funding and the chance to work alongside industry and specialised research institutes in areas like decentralised data technologies, privacy-enhancing technologies, trustworthiness of electronic identities.
Key to all this is mastering the complex value chain, including connectivity assets, IoT, new service approaches of butt and edge computing, ensuring digital inclusion, accessibility to content and devices so we deliver much more to more people.
This workshop will be a deep dive into European plans and new funding for NGI, bringing to the stage some examples of what is already being developed and testing by European NGI Early Adopters.
- Get informed By joining this intense and interactive workshop you’ll get updated information about H2020 R&I Actions offering funding around 3 topics: Internet Trustworthiness; Service and Data Portability; Open Internet Architecture. An overview of the recently launched Open Call scheme will also be done, presenting the new grants available for third parties, not part of H2020 consortia, through an Open Call for proposals or as a prize for a contest.
- Assess your success story NGI Early Adopters will be invited to pitch their resolutions for a better internet, presenting products or ideas for future contests and proposals. If you are an NGI innovator, come and bid with them!
- Networking 4YFN is a perfect arena for entrepreneurs and startups to show their strengths to the tech world. A networking area will be available for you close to the NGI booth to network with the Open Calls managers and innovators.
Who can join?
All innovators championing NGI values and working towards achieving an open and inclusive internet from start-ups, SMEs, research institutes and innovation hubs across Europe
12:00 – 12:02 Welcome & Introduction – Sara Pittonet, Trust-IT Services & SpeakNGI.eu
12.02 : 12.07 NGI related calls 2019 in the current WP 2018-20
Introduction by Stefano Foglietta, Programme & Project Officer at European Commission – DG CNECT – Next-Generation Internet unit
12.07 – 12:15 – How will you shape the future? Resolutions from NGI innovators
- Daveed Benjamin / Bridgit and the #OverWeb that enables 360°context for any idea on the web and rapid discovery of trustworthy content
- Sam Spall / Effect.AI – Decentralised workforce on-demand for #ArtificialIntelligence and #MachineLearning models
- Fabrizio Villani / Fintastico – innovative #fintech services across industry verticals and the public sector
12:15 – 12:30 – 3 topics / 3 panellists:
15 minute panel discussion on three topics raised from the NGI Consultation Platform
- NGI and Truth in the Media – the human-AI trained fake news detection tool and truthiness score. Sam Butler, Bridgit & CrowdFact Project
- IOT & Smart Cities: how can hi-tech platforms for citizens, businesses, academia and urban administration boost social and economic innovation ecosystems / Gianluca Dianese – Detecon International GmbH and Fiware iHub Cologne
- Decentralised Citizen Participation: Empodera.org – Collective Intelligence to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, citizens at the center of Next Generation Internet / Angel Sola – Cibervoluntarios Foundation
12:30 – 12:35 – NGI Open Call scheme overview
Stefano Foglietta, Programme & Project Officer at European Commission – DG CNECT – Next-Generation Internet unit
12:35 – 12:40 – 1 minute pitch for partners search for the NGI calls
12:40 – 12:45 – NGI for Europe: Wrap-up from Monique Calisti (Martel Innovate) on the next steps of NGI. Why consultation is important for the future of NGI?