Webinar – Fifth opportunity to apply to the NGIatlantic.eu Open Calls
- When: 2 March 2022, 4:30pm CET
- How: Zoom platform
NGIatlantic.eu funds 5 Open Calls for 3rd party applicants, with a total budget of 2.8 Million Euro. The calls are open to European organisations – SMEs, large enterprise, public organisations – wishing to carry our experiments of results of high-quality Research & Innovation activities, on NGI experimental platforms.
This webinar will introduce the NGIatlantic.eu project and opportunities on the 5th Open Call, with a focus on interested applicants, providing them with an excellent opportunity to present and discuss their ideas, and a deep dive into the details of the Fifth Open Call, including the different topics of the call:
- Topic a: EU – US Experimental Platforms interconnection: this topic invites established designers and facility providers of experimental infrastructures, testbeds, and platforms enabling experimentation in the NGI areas on both sides of the Atlantic to interconnect with each other, to offer their facilities on a continuous basis to its community of experimenters and application developers in other NGI topics.
- Topic b.1: Strengthening trustworthiness and resilience of internet – experimentation of results on the NGI call topics related to increasing trustworthiness and resilience of the internet.
- Topic b.2: Open Internet architecture renovation – this topic will focus on experiments supporting communities of developers in ensuring Internet architecture evolution towards better efficiency, scalability, security, and resilience
- Topic b.3: Greening the Internet: a Sustainable and Climate-friendly NGI – experiments of results related to use case implementations of innovative internet technologies and transparency mechanisms on EU – US experimental platforms shown to: fight against the climate change with significant improvement of energy efficiency; carry out measurements to create awareness of environmental impact of the Internet; and promotion of technologies that help reduce the energy consumption and carbon emissions.
- Topic b.4: Internet data sharing and interoperable services – this topic will address the challenge of sharing network data siloed in different internet regions across geographic boundaries and enabling trusted Internet services by composition and orchestration of globally distributed services. Such services also may include network-level, and security and privacy related services that are critical to ensure a trusted and safe internet. Experiments related to such cross-domain data sharing challenges to enable cyber threat identification, risk assessment and incident management, and enabling secure and interoperable internet services are of particular interest.
- Topic b.5: Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies for NGI – to create opportunities to enhance services and processes in both the public and private sectors, notably providing better control of data by citizens and organisations, reducing fraud, improving recordkeeping, access, transparency and auditability, within and across borders at multiple levels: technology, infrastructure and application levels.
Please note this open call is open to all, both existing (funded) projects in the NGI RIAs in these areas and new NGI experimenters.