- This event has passed.
TOKEN National Event
November 26, 2020 @ 10:00 - 12:00Free
Connecting Europe through blockchain and self sovereign identity: A discussion on its benefit for public services
Blockchain technology has enormous potential to enhance the way that citizens, governments and businesses interact, by enhancing trust between entities and improving the efficiency of operations. This, coupled with the developments in Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) in the world of digital identity, creates the potential for a more trustworthy, secure and fair digital identity future for Europe.
The Internet has been described as “the decisive technology of the information age”, and blockchain is now reinventing it. The domain of blockchain applications seems to be limitless, from payments to safe data sharing of Internet of Things, or healthcare data. An identity management model powered by blockchain could pioneer this change. This new model would reimagine the relationship between state and individual, as the government would become the verifier, rather than the controller of people’s public service identity.
On 26th of November, an event “Connecting Europe through blockchain and self-sovereign identity: A discussion on its benefit for public services” will be organised and held on behalf of the TOKEN project, accompanied by a rock-solid panel of highly specialized experts with demonstrable professional experience in the fields of blockchain and digital identity.
About the speakers:
- Rieks Joosten – Senior Scientist at TNO (business information processes and information security).
- Kai Wagner – Member of the Board of Directors at International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications; Partnership Development at Jolocom
- Carlos Pastor Matut – Digital Identity Leader at Alastria, Convenor ESSIF at European Blockchain Partnership
- Andrés Sánchez– Programme and project manager at TOKEN project, Director of FundingBox Communities
- Jorge Fernandez – CTO at FundingBox, Co-founder of BotCar (Internet of Things Platform for smarter driving)
- Daniel Du Seuil – convenor of the European Self Sovereign Identity Framework within the European Blockchain Partnership
- Welcome note by Andrés Sánchez
- TOKEN Project and its technology by Jorge Fernandez
- Keynote speech: “ESSIF and Self sovereign identity in Europe” by Daniel Du Seuil
- Round table: How Self sovereign Identity will change society
The round table will be chaired by the following experts:
- Rieks Joosten
- Kai Wagner
- Carlos Pastor Matut
- Andrés Sánchez
- Jorge Fernandez
- Daniel Du Seuil