BoF: From FIRE to the Next Generation Internet Experimentation
The TNC17 conference will bring together decision makers, managers, networking and collaboration specialists, and identity and access management experts from all major European networking and research organisations, universities, worldwide sister institutions, as well as industry representatives.
The BoF session organized at TNC17 provides an insight into the transition process from former FIRE initiative to NGI, seen as the evolution of FIRE towards the achievement of the Horizon 2020 vision and beyond into the next Framework Programme spanning across 2020-2025.
This session is addressed at infrastructure players from the NREN community to stimulate a discussion how transition from FIRE to NGI creates new opportunities and challenges for the NRENs in the near future. Moreover, this session is addressed at researchers from academia and industry, interested in experimental validation of innovative outcomes of research projects in stable, close to real, network environments.
- The Next Generation Internet initiative (Jean-Luc Dorel, EC)
- Federation of Next Generation Internet experimental testbeds (Brecht Vermeulen, IMEC)
- GÉANT Experimentatal Facilities – lessons learned (Jerry Sobieski, Nordunet)
- Experimental validatation as key-enabler for innovation (Artur Binczewski, PSNC)
- Panel discussion / Q&A moderated by Bartosz Belter, PSNC
More information on the event web site and the registration page.
May 30, 2017
18:00 – 19:00
Design Center Linz
4020, Linz – Austria
Jean Luc Dorel