An NGI white paper.
Among its objectives, HUB4NGI aims to provide a performance measurement framework to observe, quantify and describe progress of the NGI initiative by:
- Defining a set of methodologies that will be used to classify and categorize those initiatives;
- Providing a framework for assessing how well any of the initiatives that are identified respond to the objectives of the NGI initiative as expressed by the European Commission and the public consultation that will guide the program itself.
This white paper builds on the in-depth analysis presented in the Deliverable D1.1: NGI Classification and Assessment Methodology, which sets forth the main findings at this stage of the project divided into three main areas:
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- The logical process whereby the NGI was founded and the goals that it sets for itself.
IDENTIFICATION AND CLASSIFICATION
- The logical framework to classify any initiative unequivocally according to the technology used, the category of products or services involved and the vertical market being addressed.
- The technological focus areas in the scope of the program.
INITIATIVE ASSESSMENT AND KPI INDICATORS
- Assessment methodology;
- 7 types of KPIs.