The European Commission’s Directorate-General CNECT has published the much anticipated study “Next Generation Internet 2025“, an in-depth analysis of the state of the internet performed by NLnet foundation and Gartner Europe under SMART 2016/0033.
This report consolidates the outcomes of the study on the Next Generation Internet (NGI) 2025 performed by NLnet Foundation and Gartner, commissioned by the European Commission.
– Technological analysis on Next Generation Internet future key technologies and research topics explaining the technical issues involved, based on the current gaps today
– Key research communities and actors
– Impact of the research topics on the drivers for change which construct the Vision for an NGI
– Benefts linked to the research topics and the potential risks of not addressing them
– Recommendations to shape the programme for a Next Generation Internet Initiative based on specifc selection criteria
– The proposed NGI research topics for the H2020 programme
– The proposed NGI research topics for the Horizon Europe programme
Download the NGI study report: Next Generation Internet 2025
EC Publication Office, October 5th 2018
Printed version: ISBN 978-92-79-86467-4
The original news and the report was published on the NLnet foundation website.
In the period 2017-2018 the European Commission commissioned a study to NLnet foundation and Gartner Europe. The task of the project was to write a vision for the Next Generation Internet, prioritize research topics and advise on how do architect the initiative. The final report of this study was released on October 5th 2018.