Through an agile and flexible process, following the Horizon 2020 cascade funding mechanism, ongoing NGI Research and Innovation Actions (RIAs) provide support to projects from outstanding academic researchers, hi-tech startups and SMEs.
Funding is allocated to projects using short research cycles targeting the most promising ideas. Each of the selected projects pursue their own objectives, while the NGI RIAs provide the programme logic and vision, technical support, coaching and mentoring, to ensure that projects contribute towards a significant advancement of research and innovation in the NGI initiative.
The focus is on advanced concepts and technologies that link to relevant use cases and that can have an impact on the market and society over all. Applications and services that innovate without a research component are not covered by this model.
NGI DAPSI 3rd call
Opening date: 23 September 2021
Closing date: 23 November 2021 at 05:00 pm CET
Short description: DAPSI 3rd Open Call aims at selecting projects to develop solutions and services in the Data Portability field to tackle issues such as data compatibility & interoperability, data sovereignty, data transparency, service portability, security & privacy, among others.
The selected third parties can get grants up to €150k and participate in a 9-month supporting programme divided in two phases, where experts in diverse fields will provide a successful working methodology, access to top infrastructure, training in business and data related topics, coaching, mentoring, visibility and a vibrant ecosystem.
The target audience of this call are:
- Internet technologists, researchers and innovators
- Researchers and developers employed in third-level education institutes, research infrastructures, non-profit organisations and charitable (scientific) foundations and research centres or enterprises among others.
These expert profiles can apply as individuals or linked to a legal entity. Hence, the participation is possible in two ways:
- Natural person(s): One or more individuals (team), established in any eligible country. This does not consider the country of origin but the residence permit.
- Legal entity: one or more entities (consortium), established in an eligible country, such as, universities, research centres, NGOs, foundations, micro, small and medium sized enterprises working on internet or/and other related technologies are eligible. (Large enterprises cannot participate).
- any combination of the above
Contact for more info: email@example.com
NGI ASSURE (NGI GO2S)
NGI ASSURE 6th Open Call
Opening date: 1 October 2021, 12:00 PM CET (Brussels time) (next 1 December 2021)
Closing date: 1 December 2021, 12:00 PM CET (Brussels time) (next 1 February 2022)
Short description: The goal of NGI Assure is to support projects that design and engineer reusable building blocks for the Next Generation Internet as part of a complete, strong chain of assurances for all stakeholders regarding the source and integrity of identities, identifiers, data, cyber-physical systems, service components and processes. Furthermore, contributions can be made to address underlying real-world challenges in deploying and validating such building blocks, such as energy efficiency and sustainability, scalability and throughput, security, privacy/confidentiality, plausible deniability, robustness and crypto-agility, side-channel resistance, interoperability, governance and compliance to regulatory frameworks – where needed to turn the above into reproducible and trustworthy end-to-end solutions that can withstand the hostile battle grounds of the modern internet.
We are looking for projects that have research and development as primary objective and that commit to generate open knowledge and open source building blocks relevant to developers, operators and users across all kinds of public and private application domains that have standardization potential.
Target participants: Anyone that can bring a relevant contribution to the topics of NGI Assure can apply, whether you are a natural person or an organisation of any type that wants to improve and further develop Distributed Ledger Technologies, advanced blockchain technologies and related enabling technologies.
Contact for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening date: 30 October 2020
Closing date: Continuous submission
Short description: With TETRA, NGI beneficiaries can benefit from the consulting services of Tenderio Plus. The selected supported project teams will benefit, for a period of 6 months, from the following:
- Access to numerous new tenders every day
- Follow potential customers anywhere in the world
- Do not miss any relevant tender opportunity due to short deadlines
- Match with local qualified bid writers with proven track record
- Match with relevant legal experts from the country of their tender
- Find out the names of companies who won previous tenders in their sector
- Benchmark yourselves against competitors
Target participants: Any startup or SME who received funding from any of these NGI projects:
Contact for more info: email@example.com
Countinuous call “SME & NGI CASCADED EXPERIMENTS”
Opening date: Continuous submission with the following cut-off dates:
- on hold in attendance of extra budget made available
Closing date: Cut-off submission dates every two weeks (with few exceptions):
Short description: Fed4FIRE+ is the largest federation worldwide of NGI testbeds, which provides open, accessible and reliable facilities supporting a variety of different research and innovation communities and initiatives in Europe.
The goal of the Continuous Call is to make the federated infrastructure directly available for the execution of innovative projects from SMEs or from other parties (also not restricted to SMEs) who have successfully completed an experiment or project in the framework of one of the Open calls of any of the other NGI-projects: NGI Pointer, NGI Assure, NGI0 Discovery, NGI ESSIF-Lab, NGI Atlantic.EU, LEDGER, NGI DAPSI, NGI TRUST, NGI ZERO, NGI EXPLORERS, NGI0-PET, Ontochain and TREBLO. The submission requires a very limited-sized proposal for a short-duration experiment.
Target participants: Proposals will only be accepted from a single party eligible for participation in EC H2020-projects. Proposals can only be accepted from:
- Parties who have successfully participated in one of the Open Calls of an H2020 NGI project.
Contact for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org