LEDGER: The Venture Builder for Human Centric Solutions
LEDGER’s first Open Call launches February 1st, 2019 and will run until April 30th (18h CET), 2019.
The success of the project will rely on the proposals received. From them will emerge the pull of human centric talented teams that will change how internet is built.
- Up to €200K equity-free for the best in class innovators
- Business mentoring, networking, and researcher-in-residence support
- Venture Builder Programme & potential venture capital investments
- Calling for #developers #researchers #designers and #entrepreneurs
A #venturebuilder and up to €200k #equityfree to develop #humancentric solutions using #decentralized #technologies blockchain DLT #peertopeer #datagovernance #privacybydesign #citizendatagovernance
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Teams might be composed of either:
- minimum 1 and maximum 2 legal persons (SME, research organizations, foundations) with a team composed by at least 3 profiles (researcher, developer, business development/entrepreneur) or
- minimum 3 natural persons (at least a researcher, developer and business development/entrepreneur).
- The teams must consist of one legal entities or at least 3 natural persons legally established in an EU member state or in Associated Countries.
- Projects (Technology Transfer Experiments) have to be based in Research components, relevant for the topic of Privacy-by-Design, Distributed Data Governance and consisting in development, test and validation of technical and economic viability of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or Service.
- The results of these bottom-up projects should be compliant with Open Licences (i.e. Open Hardware, Open Software and/or Creative Commons).
MORE ABOUT LEDGER
LEDGER, a European project financed by the European Commission, is looking for 32 human centric innovators to develop Minimum Viable Products and Services, in order to achieve new models that preserve citizens’ digital sovereignty, where data is a common good owned by citizens and wealth created by data-driven platforms is equally distributed.
In its first open call the project will select 16 PROPOSALS in the verticals of:
#HEALTH, #ECONOMY, #MOBILITY, #PUBLIC SERVICES, #ENERGY & SUSTAINABILITY, and #OPEN INNOVATION.
LEDGER is looking for SMEs, organisations and researchers that want to shift data management, leveraging on decentralised algorithms based on blockchains, distributed ledger technology (DLT) and/or peer-to-peer (P2P) technologies to address Privacy-by-Design, reliability, trustworthiness and openness to build human centric solutions.
The 16 selected companies will go through a 9-month customised venture builder programme receiving up to €150K in funding, and the best 8 will be offered additional €50K and will get in a business focused programme of 3 months.
Contact point for LEDGER
Ask any questions to the community at ledger.fundingbox.com