The NGI_TRUST open calls aim to:
- Engage a variety of players (newcomers to H2020 are encouraged!);
- Explore pre-selected privacy & trust enhancing topics (defined with support an advisory board) critical to building a human centric Internet
NGI_TRUST will support third-party projects working in the following areas:
- Technical innovation in privacy enhancing technologies, such as crypto, federated identity, security and privacy for Internet of Things (IoT), distributed ledgers and privacy-enhancing data transports and data at rest,
- Ethical aspects, such as ways to use AI/ML/neural networks to serve the user’s interests, legal and best practices for policy makers to consider, impact of profiling and mass surveillance,
- Bootstrapping trust at the protocol level, to maintain a decentralized Internet Infrastructure, for the establishment of trust, privacy (and security) between end-users and services,
- Ways for users to make more informed decisions on the relevance of information that they are asked to disclose when accessing services.
NGI_TRUST is organising three rounds of open calls:
- A 1st call (February-April 2019) will seek to attract a broad mix of projects including a larger number of early-stage ‘feasibility’ studies.
- A 2nd call (open from 1 October 2019) and a 3rd call (scheduled to open in February 2020) will aim to build on 1st phase projects (larger second round funded projects following on from smaller pilot/feasibility projects) but also attract additional players with scalable projects in specific fields, industries or verticals.
Interested in applying?
The call will open on 1 October 2019.
For the second open call, the call text, application form and detailed guidance for applicants will be available here from 1 October 2019:
- Expected duration of projects: from 9 to max 12 months
- Maximum amount of financial support for each third party: €200 000 Call identifier: NGI_TRUST 2019002 call
- Language in which proposal should be submitted: English
Applications should be received by 1 December 2019 at 18:00 CET
The NGI_TRUST consortium will organise a number of webinars and be present at a number of events during the period October-November 2019 to discuss with interested applicants.
For further information, please contact the NGI_TRUST support team: