This page is dedicated to the slides and presentations related to the NGI Initiative.
NGI WEBINARs & WORKSHOPS PRESENTATIONS:
- The next generation internet and the digital commos (PDF) – Gemma Carolillo (Deputy Head of Next Generation Internet Unit)
- Digital commos and digital sovereignty (PDF) – Mélanie Dulong de Rosnay (Director of CNRS Center for Internet and Society)
- Digital commons – old wine in a new bottle? (PDF) – Nele Leosk (Ambassador-at-Large for Digital Affairs of Estonia)
- Mozilla and Digital Commons (PDF) – Kasia Odrozek (Director of Mozilla Foundation)
Empowering Women in Tech
- EMPOWERING WOMEN IN TECH – A TRANSATLANTIC VISION (PDF)
An introductory presentation setting the scene for the NGI discussion on how to better empower women in tech.
- The role of women in the Next Generation Internet (PDF)
Monique Calisti (NGI Outreach Office Coordinator)
Discover the importance that NGI places on the roles of women in creating a truly diverse, representative and inclusive ‘Internet of People’.
- Women in European Technology and Science (PDF)
Iwa Stefanik (NGI Explorers Coordinator)
Boosting the economy and building a fairer society means the empowerment of women to play a more active role in the digital age.
- The United States: Women and Minorities in STEM (PDF)
Florence Hudson (Executive Director Northeast Big Data Innovation Hub)
A focus on women and minorities in STEM subjects in the United States and how diversity and inclusion will lead to more collaborative innovation.
NGI projects’ contribution to technological developments of DNS and naming systems
- Privacy Enhancements for PowerDNS and DNSdist (PDF)
Alexander ter Haar (Open-Xchange)
Encryption in DNS is gaining traction. One project is working to enhance the privacy for DNS, one of the last remaining ‘non-encrypted’ protocols.
- Cryptech.is/Cryptrev (PDF)
Leif Johannsson (Sunet)
The CrypTech project is making the internet safer by developing an open hardware security model that will cover multiple needs.
- Id-xover InternetWide Identity through Realm Crossover (PDF)
Rick van Rein (internetwide)
InternetWide’s goal is to get more internet technology to end-users (such as the ability to have your own domain in your name).
- GNU Name System (PDF)
Christian Grothoff (Bern University of Applied Sciences)
How GNUnet, a network protocol stack for building secure, distributed and privacy-preserving applications, aims to build a new internet.
- Namecoin: ZeroNet and Packaging and Core Infrastructure (PDF)
Jeremy Rand (namecoin.org)
NameCoin, an experimental open-source technology to improve the security, privacy and speed of certain internet infrastructure components.
- Webinar#4: An Introduction to IP Commercialisation for NGI Community (LINK)
A comprehensive introduction on intellectual property, with a step-by-step guide on key concepts such as trademarks, patents, copyright and more.
- Webinar#3: Where to get money – investors, grants or crowdfunding? (LINK)
There are many pathways to secure funding for your innovative idea – this presentation breaks them down and helps pinpoint the route that’s best for you.
- Webinar#2: The contribution of NGI in re-design the post COVID-19 society (LINK)
COVID-19 has rocked the world and changed everything – find out how NGI will be positively contributing to the re-design of post-COVID society.
- Webinar#1: An introduction to the world of international tendering (LINK)
There are huge opportunities for innovative SMEs in the realm of public procurement and tendering – find out more here on how you can benefit.
- Open calls on privacy and trust enhancing technology & improving search and discovery (PDF)
NGI Zero @#StartUpsKillTheVirus, 28 April 2020
- Blockchains as a Component of the Next Generation Internet (PDF)
Prof John Domingue, The Open University – HUB4NGI project
Blockchain is becoming an increasingly important component of what will shape the Next Generation Internet – this presentation comprehensively explains how.
- Saidot in Five Minutes (PDF)
by Meeri Haataja, CEO of Saidot, Chair of Ethics Working Group in Finland’s AI Program, Chair of IEEE’s Ethics Certification Program for Autonomous & Intelligent Systems
- MyData Vision (PDF)
by Teemu Ropponen, General Manager at MyData
- SCiON (PDF)
by Adrian Perrig, Professor at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology of Zurich
- LEDGER (PDF)
by Andrés Sánchez Sandaza, Director at FundingBox Communities, Ledger
- NGI0: Come work for the internet (PDF)
by Michiel Leenaars, Director of Strategy at NLnet Foundation, NGI Zero
- Verifpal (PDF)
by Nadim Kobeissi, Director of Symbolic Software, NGI Zero
- NGI Trust (PDF)
by Ruth Puente, Executive Programme Manager at Kantara Initiative, NGI Trust
- Trust as Competitive Edge (PDF)
by Jaana Sinipuro, Project Director at SITRA
- NGI Priorities and Future Directions – Introduction to parallel workshops (PDF)
by Katja Bego, Principal Researcher at Nesta, Coordinator of NGI Forward
- NGI Funding Opportunities – Upcoming H2020 Calls (PDF)
by Ragnar Bergstrom, Team Leader at European Commission
- How to join the NGI and next appointments (PDF)
by Dr. Monique Calisti, NGI Outreach Office Director, CEO at Martel Innovate
Workshop 1 – Where next for online identities
Oskar van Deventer, Senior Scientist Blockchain Networking, at TNO – Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (download the slides here)
Workshop 2 – Mind meets machine: harnessing collective intelligence
Katja Henttonen, Project Manager E-Democracy, City of Helsinki (download the slides here)
Workshop 3 – NGI trust Marks
Katja Bego, Principal Researcher Nesta, Coordinator NGI Forward, and Harry Armstrong, Head of Technology Futures Nesta, NGI Forward (download the slides here)
- NGI Forum 2018 – Opening (PDF)
by Dr. Monique Calisti, Martel Innovate
- From time-sharing to the Next Generation Internet (PDF)
by Louis Pouzin, Internet pioneer
- The Internet of Moving Things (PDF)
by Professor Susana Sargento, University Of Aveiro, Co-founder Veniam
- Blockchain-based Architectures (PDF)
by Antonio Tenore-Fornes, Complutense, University of Madrid
- Social Artificial Intelligence (PDF)
by Professor Virginia Dignum, University of Umea
- Building the Next Generation Internet 2025 with the Community (PDF)
by Clementine Valayer, Gartner
- Data Analytics on NGI Research Trends (PDF)
by Manuel Noya, Linknovate
- Digital technologies and society – which future? (PDF)
by Frédéric Donck, Internet Society
- NGI Funding Opportunities – Upcoming Calls (PDF)
by Jorge Gasos, NGI Unit, DG CONNECT/E.3, European Commission
- Closure & next appointments (PDF)
by Dr. Monique Calisti, Martel Innovate
- NGI Forum 2017 – Opening
- Infrastructures and systemic innovation by Sergi Figuerola, i2CAT Foundation
- NGI: THE EUROPEAN VISION FOR 2025 by Georgios Tselentis, E3 DG CONNECT
- Responsible and ethical data management and analytics by Nozha Boujemaa, INRIA
- The Internet of Things’ Internet by Angelo Corsaro, ADLINK Technology Inc
- Decentralised data governance and blockchains technologies by Magda Borowik, Fintech Poland
- Vision for a Software Internet: Internet for all as a downloadable SW package by Dirk Trossen, InterDigital
- NGI Governance: Beyond Technology Challenges by Pompeu Casanovas, UAB Law School and La Trobe University
- Closure & next appointments by Dr. Monique Calisti, Martel Innovate